Post Series C
Short-staffing hurts healthcare workers, facilities, and patients. Fixing that is our mission.
As many as
90% of registered nurses have
considered quitting the profession
next year if critical workplace issues like short-staffing aren’t resolved, according to this study. This crisis touches us all, because we all need healthcare.
Clipboard Health exists to solve the problem of short-staffed facilities and to lift as many people up the socio-economic ladder as possible. To do this, we've created an efficient and transparent marketplace for healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals to fill shifts.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about developing new and innovative processes that combine finance, operations excellence, and technology to drive improvement? If so, the Cash Operations Team is the place for you. Our priority is to identify, scope, and deliver upstream systems and process improvements that reduce operating expense, increase free cash flow, improve customer experience and establish first pass yield process efficiencies.
The Cash Operations Manager must be strategic and detail-oriented, have strong accounting and finance skills, robust interpersonal and influencing skills, strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to gather business and technical requirements across global teams to drive systems and change management processes. This person will need to roll up his/her sleeves, work independently, and have an extremely high level of ownership and ability to dive deep.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. Your friends describe you as thorough, analytical, and detail-oriented. You are someone with high standards who leads by example. You strive to make it trusted and easy to do business with Clipboard Health while enforcing our policies with clients.
- Manage the performance of the Cash Operations Team and provide timely feedback.
- Manage Bank relationships for cash receipts and lockbox activity.
- Manage credit card processor relationships and related reporting.
- Oversee cash applications, interactions with collections, customers, and sales.
- Train and mentor Cash Operations Team on customer interaction, product knowledge, and customer service.
- Review client accounts on an ongoing basis to assess misapplied cash and remedy unapplied balances timely.
- Lead process and technology projects to drive long-term, scalable solutions.
- Updates our internal systems and the billing system with timely appropriate billing edits and payments.
- Identify issues, monitors performance, and assists in problem resolution.
- Prepare financial and statistical reports to the controller, COO, and the accountants.
- Communicate well and influence colleagues.
- Demonstrate leadership and gain respect across functions/teams.
- 4+ years of experience in accounting, finance, and/or operation experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Experience working in cash space, billing and invoicing, operations, or finance
- Proven track record of making data-driven business decisions
- Outstanding data analysis skills
- Can demonstrate attention to detail
- Team Player
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), G-Suites, Salesforce (preferred), QuickBooks (preferred)
- Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, task delegation, and coordination across functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and must be comfortable engaging with business partners and leadership
- Program management experience in Finance programs in a high tech organization or a consulting firm