Post Series C
Short-staffing hurts healthcare workers, facilities, and patients. Fixing that is our mission.
As many as
90% of registered nurses have
considered quitting the profession
next year if critical workplace issues like short-staffing aren’t resolved, according to this study. This crisis touches us all, because we all need healthcare.
Clipboard Health exists to solve the problem of short-staffed facilities and to lift as many people up the socio-economic ladder as possible. To do this, we've created an efficient and transparent marketplace for healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals to fill shifts.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the role
We are looking for a strategic and analytical thinker to grow revenue. Your job will include two parts.
The first is to identify ways to grow revenue by designing and executing experiments and performing quantitative analyses. Sample projects include:
- From analyzing sales data, you found that it takes more calls to acquire a new customer as it does to reactivate a churned customer. Therefore, you wrote a plan to dedicate a group of sales reps exclusively to reactivating churned customers. That team reported numbers to you daily, and you showed them how to iterate on their calls.
- After speaking with customers, you suggested a new pricing structure, in which we offer discounts for high volume customers, You define the pricing structure, train a group of sales reps to pitch the new structure, create an updated rate sheet, and monitor the impact on revenue.
The second part of the job is to manage a small team responsible for enabling the sales reps. Responsibilities include:
- Scraping data information from public online sources,
- Cleaning and de-duplicating account data,
- Distributing accounts among reps in accordance with strategic goals that you set,
- Auditing sales calls to make sure that key behaviors are performed,
- Automating email outreach,
- Creating documents and presentations for sales reps to share with prospects,
- Reviewing adjustments to our customers, and
- Automating CRM reporting and data entry to enable reps to call more efficiently.
You will grow your team by hiring, interviewing, and training qualified people to achieve these goals.
Applicants do not need a set amount of experience in any domain.
- Have skills that would be developed in strategy consulting, product management, strategy and operations, bizops, growth marketing, or similar functions.
- Are clear writers. You should be comfortable with 5-20 pages of clear, analytical writing each week.
- Are proficient with analytics and reporting tools. SQL and python scripting is a bonus but not required. You should, though, be comfortable with pivot tables, joining data tables, cohort analyses, and experimental design.
- Like to move fast. You plan an experiment and get results within days, not months. Your projects will change constantly because our business needs change rapidly.
- You’re inquisitive. You don’t stop with surface level answers and instead ask “why, why, why” until you understand problems at the root level.
- Sales experience is not required, but you should be eager to immerse yourself in the world of sales. You will go through sales training, make sales calls, and be expected to speak with customers regularly.