Post Series C
Short-staffing hurts healthcare workers, facilities, and patients. Fixing that is our mission.
As many as
90% of registered nurses have
considered quitting the profession
next year if critical workplace issues like short-staffing aren’t resolved, according to this study. This crisis touches us all, because we all need healthcare.
Clipboard Health exists to solve the problem of short-staffed facilities and to lift as many people up the socio-economic ladder as possible. To do this, we've created an efficient and transparent marketplace for healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals to fill shifts.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the Role
We are looking for a candidate with passion, drive, and training experience who can provide a world-class experience to all participants through a gold-standard team of trainers.
As a Training Lead, you are responsible for overseeing Customer Operations employee training, and development activities. You are also expected to perform various tasks, including identifying training needs for the function, supervising trainers' work, and developing effective employee training programs. Other duties and responsibilities will be maintaining training information, onboarding, developing, and assessing trainers who perform activities such as delivering virtual classroom training, conducting product knowledge assessments, and disseminating process changes.
We have a centralized training team for Customer Operations that caters to the training needs of almost 600 people across a dozen different functions. This role will demand you to be a product expert and be cross-trained on all processes within their assigned area. Good learning abilities will be crucial to help thoroughly understand the company's services to design effective training programs and respond confidently to detailed questions during training sessions.
We have frequent process/product enhancements for which you will collaborate with product managers, subject matter experts, and stakeholders within the company to obtain input to design training rollouts and announcements.
This role requires familiarity with a range of training tools and techniques, including virtual classroom lectures, videos or presentations, role-play sessions, e-learning, LMS, and excellent knowledge of MS Office - Word, PowerPoint & Excel.
- Manage and review training content, schedules, and trackers.
- Ensure the trainers deliver the training sessions, assessments & on-the-job training effectively, and this includes shadowing the Trainer, assessing the opportunities, and providing feedback.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions for trainers and new team members
- Prepare training planners as per the training needs identified for the function
- Manage and track process knowledge assessment sessions and scores
- Ensure the new process updates are disseminated timely and effectively by the trainers
- Prepare and publish training dashboards and training effectiveness reports to stakeholders
- Liaison with leads of different functions and departments within the organization to understand the knowledge/skill gaps of your process and accordingly create training programs
- Prepare monthly scorecards of trainers to review their progress
- Conduct weekly 1x1s with trainers to share feedback on their performance and document weekly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual performance reviews on the internal portal.
- Produce web-based training courses, LMS curriculum setup, videos, photos, and technically written documents.
Your First 90 Days
In your first 90 days you can expect to:
- Complete the new-hire training program for your aligned function, with 1-2 weeks of day-to-day operations to assess training effectiveness and gain process expertise.
- Prepare or review existing training guides and plans
- Analyze data to design training planners and monthly calendars for your functional area.
- Introduce new training methods and tools to improve the training effectiveness and efficiency of delivery.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the training program and create SMART plans.
- Review trainer performance, provide coaching, document feedback, develop and upskill the Trainer's skills.
- Ensure the new process updates are shared within the function, tracked, and team members are assessed for knowledge retention.
What Sets You Apart
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: You effectively evaluate training programs, methods, and materials and choose those that best fit each situation. You analyze the training needs of individuals, teams, and functions and develop curated training programs to reduce the knowledge gap in the most efficient way. You can understand the 80:20 Pareto principle and focus on fixing the top knowledge/skill gaps through training.
- Innovative and creative: You decrease the learning curve by adding innovative ideas to training delivery. Training plans may work perfectly for one set of learners, but they may be ineffective or disengaging for another group of learners. You think creatively, go beyond obvious solutions, and find innovative, cost-effective ways to help people learn.
- High Velocity: You know a customer's problems today cannot wait for tomorrow. You look for what can be done today to help the Support Team today while moving forward along a long-term strategy.
- Metrics Mindset: You believe success is a measured outcome. You will drive better customer experience by helping the team achieve excellent CSAT, FCR, and other key metrics along with other stakeholders.
- Good Communication Skills: Communication is not just about language or vocabulary; it is also about engaging the learners in the discussion and developing a two-way communication path. It enables a trainer to convey information easily and accurately, and adequately respond to questions or comments from learners. Communication is also necessary to develop an atmosphere of sharing without barriers so that the learners do not hesitate to share problems and communicate feedback.