Post Series C
Short-staffing hurts healthcare workers, facilities, and patients. Fixing that is our mission.
As many as
90% of registered nurses have
considered quitting the profession
next year if critical workplace issues like short-staffing aren’t resolved, according to this study. This crisis touches us all, because we all need healthcare.
Clipboard Health exists to solve the problem of short-staffed facilities and to lift as many people up the socio-economic ladder as possible. To do this, we've created an efficient and transparent marketplace for healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals to fill shifts.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About The Role:
As a Paralegal working with the Legal and Risk team, you will be the first layer of support for our internal team members. You will help do a lot of day to day legal work involving legal research, responsible for providing fast, quality responses to legal inquiries from our internal team. You will also support both the People Ops Director and Head of Legal and Risk with both internal and external investigations, data collection, contract reviews, and document filing and organization.
- Respond to inquiries from internal team members on various topics, providing quick and quality solutions/advice
- Assist both the People Ops and Legal org on data collection for investigations, including organizing the data upload process and ensuring all data is uploaded on time
- Completing quick and accurate risk assessments on various topics
- Audit current Legal processes to ensure 100% compliance by the team, and identify solutions for improving the process
What Success Looks Like:
- 3 months in: You have a full understanding of our business operations and how we serve the healthcare community. You also have a full understanding of how each team and role at Clipboard Health operates and interacts with each other. You are acting as the first point of contact for all internal team members, handling their inquiries and escalating to People Ops and Legal leadership as necessary. You are starting to analyze trends in the types of inquiries we receive, and the frequency of these inquiries and are creating solutions to reduce the number of inquiries on repeat topics.
- 6 months in: You are fully owning the internal support process, and maintaining a 4.5 or higher rating by our internal team. You have participated in several data and information collection projects where you have driven the organization of all information collected, and delivered everything on time by having a well-thought-out timeline. You are actively working on improvements with each process owner to improve the process and improve audit results.
Need to Have:
- At least 2 years of Paralegal-related experience
- Bias toward action and solving (not just spotting) problems
- Ability to take ownership of your work and manage projects independently
- Excellent communication and writing abilities
- Comfort and skill navigating complexity and ambiguity and working on a leanly staffed team
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Agility and flexibility to take on new tasks and responsibilities when necessary to support the business and legal team’s needs in a fast-moving, rapidly scaling, and dynamic tech company
Nice to Have:
- Paralegal Certification
- Intellectual property expertise
- Experience working cross-culturally and with diverse, global teams
- Experience providing legal support for a variety of corporate transactions through all stages of the transaction lifecycle, including M&A, securities and technology transactions
Salary and Schedule
- Salary is based on experience and location
- Must be able to work 9 am- 5 pm PST