Post Series C
Short-staffing hurts healthcare workers, facilities, and patients. Fixing that is our mission.
As many as
90% of registered nurses have
considered quitting the profession
next year if critical workplace issues like short-staffing aren’t resolved, according to this study. This crisis touches us all, because we all need healthcare.
Clipboard Health exists to solve the problem of short-staffed facilities and to lift as many people up the socio-economic ladder as possible. To do this, we've created an efficient and transparent marketplace for healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals to fill shifts.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the Role:
The Corporate Recruiter at Clipboard Health is responsible for identifying, communicating, and recruiting candidates for leadership job openings at Clipboard Health. You will work with hiring managers, department staff, employment websites, internal sources, external sources, and candidates to ensure a quick and smooth hiring process for both Clipboard Health, potential candidates, and future team members.
You need to be able to accommodate USA time-zone hours.
In this role I….
- Work with hiring managers to develop job descriptions and post job openings on various job boards and recruitment sources.
- Develop recruiting processes to fit the needs of each job vacancy and department need.
- Work with internal team members to identify potential candidates from a pipeline and perform direct outreach to candidates.
- Interview and evaluate potential candidates at various stages through the recruitment process including phone screens, assessment tools, video interviews, etc.
- Work directly with candidates during the recruiting process and hiring process to keep them informed of the process and be their direct contact at Clipboard Health.
- Am able to find innovative approaches to managing my time given the variety of tasks I am given. These tasks include sourcing, interviewing and improving hiring processes
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
As a top performer, I…
- Stay organized. You are skilled at keeping track of a variety of job openings and hiring processes, making sure good and qualified candidates do not “fall through the cracks”.
- Stay Positive, informed, and polite. A recruiter often is the first point of contact for people who eventually become our team members - it is important to make a good first impression for CBH.
- Stay informed. Many of the job positions you will hire for are technically complex - it takes effort to understand the needs of each role and to accurately communicate them to candidates.
- Stay Compliant. You understand the full range of relevant laws and regulations related to hiring across the US and worldwide.
- Am on top of all my candidate communication - I respond to candidates quickly within 1 day
- Meet all my metrics - meeting metrics related to sourcing candidates, interviews and time to fill.
My Superpowers are...
- Putting people at ease. I help get the best, most complete information out of interviews by making candidates feel comfortable and enthusiastic about the opportunity.
- Getting along well with all kinds of people. I feel comfortable talking to artists, engineers, and everything in-between, and I love working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to make a process effective, efficient, and a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Thinking outside the box. Where a candidate is not a good fit for a particular position, I’m thinking of other opportunities that might be great for them. When candidates are difficult to source, I figure out non-conventional places to find them.
- Managing multiple searches effectively and efficiently
I work with...
- Chief of Staff and the Recruiting Team
- You and the Hiring Managers work together to develop pay scales, build job descriptions, confirm hiring decisions, create offer letters and make job offers to candidates.
- You communicate to accommodate any special needs or information the candidate might have after the hiring process concludes but before employment begins.
- Department Managers and team members
- You work with department managers to determine specific requirements and qualifications for each of the roles needed by the teams they lead.
- You gather all information necessary to create job descriptions, make job postings, identify candidates for outreach, and perform initial interviews.
- Prospective Candidates
- You are the first “face of Clipboard Health” for each candidate.
Tools I use…
- Various recruiting websites – including international and technical job boards.
- Applicant Tracking Systems (Greenhouse experience preferred).
- GSuite Programs (including but not limited to slack, sheets, and forms).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience hiring for manager and leadership roles across all levels and divisions.
- At least 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting for Corporate leadership positions (manager, vice president, director, C-suite roles).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to talk to and network with individuals at different levels and in different industries worldwide.
- Familiarity with various job boards and applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience recruiting globally or in a start-up environment.
- Proven ability to track recruitment metrics including candidate pipeline, time to fill, and source of hire.